KABUL, AFGHANISTAN September 30, 2011 — The United States (U.S.) Forces-Afghanistan (USFOR-A) and Headquarters, International Security Assistance Force CJ-4 has awarded the Counterinsurgency Contracting Economic Enterprise Cell Contract to Kingfisher Systems, Inc. The contract was awarded September 30, 2011 and contains a base plus one option year valued at up to $12.1 million and staffed by 16 separate Labor Categories. A summary of the services Kingfisher will provide are:
– Provide project management expertise to and coordinate with each Regional Command’s Economic functions to assist in further unifying the economic aspects of the battlespace
– Determine the economic terrain of the battlespace across Department of Defense (DoD), Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), Department of State (DoS), other Coalition and Non-Governmental Organization economic functions;
– In coordination with COMISAF, determine and advance best practices across the economic battlespace;
– Provide senior-level counsel and advice to COMISAF, DoD, DOS, and GIRoA economic leadership functions;
– Develop databases and standard operating procedures to institutionalize best practices; and
– Establish an outreach office to work with local companies to reduce barriers to market entry.
For a copy of the press release, select the link below.